Tuesday

A wedding and a baby...and a conference

This year is going to be busy. I learned in November that I'm going to be a Gramma for the first time! So many things to do, so little time to do it - so much money to earn! We don't know the sex of my soon-to-be-grandbaby yet, but there's still time before the end-of-June arrival.

In the meantime, I have wedding reception to plan! Trey and Nicole will be getting married on May 5 at a super-secret location. The reception site, however, won't be a secret - they want it here, at the cabin and they want the theme to be Cinco de Mayo. I've been surfing the Web, looking for ideas for food and decor. We're talking a truly small gathering - maybe 40-50 people. I can do that - foodwise - with my eyes closed. I've found a few workable ideas and have them pinned on my board over at Pinterest. Do you need an invitation? Leave a comment but I warn you - it can be addicting!

Almost as soon as I knew the baby was on the way, my fingers started itching to crochet again. It makes me feel pretty good because I haven't had the crafting urge in a long time. My friend Marie Anne over at The Crooked Yarn has created some beautiful patterns and I'm using one of hers for my first baby afghan. I might run into a little trouble at first. She designed the baby blanket using worsted weight and I, of course, bought baby yarn. I'm confident I'll be able to work it out. I'm going to play along with her Work in Progress Wednesday on this blog to keep myself moving on the baby blanket.


I love the color combination - yellow, peach and a veriegated aqua/lemon and the main color will be white.

I'm looking to fall just a bit short of my goal toward saving for my trip to Blogher Food in June. I still have time and should get very close. But, I'll be able to buy my place ticket by mid-February, which is my main concern. I'll fill in all the details once I get my confirmation - it's going to be an interesting round-trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment