Friday

Guaranteed Weight Loss - Get Sick!

I was so full of determination on New Year's Day. I measured. I weighed. I kept track of every single thing I ate - which was no small task.

We went to Mom & Dad's for New Year's dinner. In our family, that means pork & sauerkraut. This year the pork was BBQ Baby-back ribs! On diet day. Might as well face the challenge head on. I checked the calorie counts before I went to Mom's to get an idea of how much meat I could eat, to know what I was going to put into my body before I put it there. I actually did really well and even had room in my chart for a glass of wine before I went to bed.

Sometime during the night, the evil germs from my daughter's cold snuck through the house and attacked me! I woke up on Sunday feeling like absolute hell. And I'm starting to show minor improvements each day. I probably shouldn't blame it on Allison. I have writer friends all over the country with many of the same symptoms. I think we should all check our computer filters.

Being sick is a positive for losing weight. I didn't feel like eating because I couldn't taste anything. I'm drinking tons of water because I'm so dehydrated. That's the other problem - I'm drinking so much water that by the time I'm thinking about going to bed, I have to pee every 10 minutes!


A special shout-out to Marie Anne St. Jean! She's keeping us together with Fess Up Friday! over at her blog Marie Anne's Missives. Go visit her, subscribe, be inspired. I'm working on my blog roll over at the side this weekend. A lot of my friends who have taken on the challenge this year have blogs dedicated to their journey.

Over at Weight Shedding Freelancers, I saw mention of some song lyrics that brought inspiration to someone. I agree with them. But, I'm going to use this space for a video of what I consider to be my most ass-kicking inspirational song of all time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure whether I want to say 'good job!' or not since being sick is NOT the way to it! Ok, congrats on losing the weight anyway. One way or another, it's gone!

    (head on over to my blog again and put the link to this post at the bottom of mine)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry you're not feeling well. I think I might have given it to you, since I've had mine since last Friday. Well, it's the second week of January so I'm ready to join you. I think you have given me that much needed last little push.

    ReplyDelete